6. Dedication of statue in the temple of the Genius of the Colonia
- Fragment from the left-hand edge of a marble block (inscribed surface, w: 0.42 x h: 0.42).
- The inscribed face is pierced with a square hole approx. in the centre of line 3; and lines 4 ff. have been erased.
- Local second to third century capitals: 0.035.
- Second to third centuries A.D. (lettering)
- Sabratha: The Justinian church: found re-used face-downwards as a column base, one of a series.
- Original Location:
- Last recorded location:
- Not previously published. This edition taken from J. M. Reynolds and J. B. Ward-Perkins, The Inscriptions of Roman Tripolitania, Rome: British School at Rome, 1952.
- Text constituted from:
- Transcription (Reynolds, Ward-Perkins)
[·· ? ··] set up the statue of (person previously named) which had been publicly decreed; (but) satisfied with the honours, he/she (did so) at his/her own expense [·· ? ··] in the temple of the Genius of the Colony [·· ? ··] (a further line is erased)